- Training Description
- Topics covered in the course
- Target audience
Professional Scrum Master and Product Owner
The Professional Scrum Master and Product Owner (PSMPO) is a 3-day course that combines the key learning objectives of both Professional Scrum Master (PSM) and Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO). The merging of PSM and PSPO allows for side by side learning, of Scrum Master and Product Owner to have a common understanding of each other. This is a course that teaches the principles and empirical process theory that underlie the Scrum Framework and the role of the Scrum Master. The course that provides the basic knowledge required and is focused on how to maximize the value of products and systems.
Included in the course:
● 3 days training
● Scrum.org maintained course materials according to Scrum Guide 2020 (English).
● Pictures of all flipcharts and materials created during the class.
● Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) exam with 2 free attempts.
● Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) exam with 2 free attempts.
● Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment discount
● Professional Scrum Product Owner II (PSPO II) Assessment discount
● 21 PMI-PDU-Credits
You have also gained a clear understanding of agile principles, Scrum and its coherence through the empirical foundation. You have got a clear understanding of the role of Product Owner and how it fits in Scrum framework. Learned about the role of Scrum Master and Product Owner in Scrum. Spent time with engaging exercises, discussions and learning from the trainer's personal hands-on experience using a large number of real life examples!
After the training, when you return to your workplace, you will be able to use the elements and principles of Scrum and...
- You will be able to act as a Product Owner or a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams and stakeholders.
- Develop your product in an agile way together with your Scrum team and deliver a done increment on a regular basis
- effectively increase the business agility of your organization
- Achieve the right outcomes through the product vision, the product goal and sprint goals
- effectively start using Scrum
- increase the effectiveness of Scrum
- As a Scrum Master help product owners maximize product value
- increase the self-organization and cross-functionality of your Scrum team
- help your organization to optimize conditions for successful Scrum teams
- successfully collaborate with stakeholders and customers
- work effectively with the Product Backlog and Value
- optimize the value of your product
About the assessment and certification
The Professional Scrum Master and Product Owner course is associated with both the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) and Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) credentials from Scrum.org.
All participants who complete the Professional Scrum Master and Product Owner course will receive both passwords to attempt the PSM I and PSPO I assessments, and will be eligible for a discount on the PSM II and PSPO II assessments. These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum score to pass the corresponding exam. PSMPO course participants who attempt the PSM I and/or PSPO I exam within 14 days of receiving the free password and do not score at least 85% will receive a second attempt at no charge.
Both PSM I and PSPO I assessment demonstrate solid Scrum Framework knowledge, its principles and rules as described in the official Scrum Guide as well as solid Agile Product Management knowledge. The assessments are conducted online and in English. 80 questions are limited to 60 minutes and require a minimum score of 85% to pass.
Topics covered in the course
Product Owner and Agile Product Management: Product and project mindsets, Product Owner maturity, and benefit for the organization. What organizational maturity is required to achieve more agility and to derive greater benefit from the role of the product owner. How to achieve this with modeling business strategy and creating a product vision.
Value-Driven Development: The product owner is accountable for maximizing value. What qualities does he or she need to have? “Value” is difficult to quantify or predict, how the Product Owner can define, deliver & measure value. Optimizing business value over time. Value metrics and measurement strategies.
Product Backlog Management: The core function and key characteristics of the product backlog. Why is the order of the product backlog so important? Learn simple steps to create and manage a product backlog like ordering, organizing, reporting, planning releases.
Scrum basics, principles, and values: We will learn about complexity, what does it mean in software environments. We will learn about empiricism and how it can help us in a complex environment.
Scrum theory: We will learn about what Scrum is, how does it relate to Agility, and what is the difference between Scrum and other approaches.
The Scrum Framework: We will learn about Rules, Events, and Artefacts of Scrum and tie it back to the values and principles.
Releases-Management: Practical tips for dealing with estimates and value in a product backlog. Dealing with deeply rooted, old habits such as calculations, the promise of security, etc. Measuring progress and refining Product Backlogs.
Done, Undone and Quality: We will learn what is an Increment, what does “Done” in the context of Scrum means, and what happens with something that is “Not Done”.
People and Teams: We will learn about self-organisation, cross-functionality and how does it influence productivity and effectiveness and what does this mean for the Scrum Team.
The role of Scrum Master: We will learn what Scrum Master actually do and what skills can help a Scrum Master succeed.
Exklusiv für In-Company Privat Training
This course is only available for private training events sponsored by organizations ready to provide first-class training for employees. It is not offered in an open public setting. This course is explicitly designed to grow the proficiency of an organization's Scrum Masters and Product Owners as they learn together and discover what it takes to effectively work together with the entire Scrum Team and stakeholders.
This is especially important as they collectively provide leadership that Scrum Teams need to delis Value fast and often.
The participants who will benefit from this course:
- want to step into the role of a Product Owner or a Scrum Master
- are responsible for the success of a product or service
- already work with a Scrum team or are involved in product development using the Scrum framework.
- want to develop products that your customers love and that your Scrum team is proud of.
- want to increase product value for your customers and your organization.
- are responsible for the implementation of Scrum within an organization.
- are responsible for the optimal use of Scrum and Agile within an organization.
- want to learn as a stakeholder of a Scrum team what you can expect from a product owner.
Let's talk about an appointment!
We will discuss your specific needs and choose a suitable date or offer!
Do you come from outside the EU or from a country with a different purchasing power parity? There are special prices!
Do you need help?
We are always ready to help you find a training that best fits your learning path or assist with an in-company offering.