Advanced Professional Scrum Master
For whom is this course
This course will be very beneficial for Scrum Masters or Agile Coaches with at least six months of experience serving a team and with a thorough understanding of the Scrum framework. Also, for Agile Coaches, Managers and Leader who has with at least six months of experience with Scrum.
Scrum.org Professional Scrum Trainer, Professional Agile Trainer and Agile and Systemishes coach with 8+ years experience in Product Development.
Advanced Professional Scrum Master
The PSM I course stops at the most interesting moment and keeps you curious about what’s next... And now it is time to dive deeper and advance your skills as a Scrum Master! It’s time to take a look at all the challenges you have faced and all the questions you asked yourself during your Scrum career.
Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) course is a 2-day advanced Scrum Master class designed to support Scrum Masters in their professional development. If you have gathered experience as a Scrum Master and you are looking to grow your knowledge and abilities as a Scrum Master - this course is one step in this journey.
PSM II is an advanced course that helps participants understand the Stances of an Effective Scrum Master and Servant Leader while taking an in-depth look at how you can serve the Scrum Team, the Product Owner, and the Organization. The course teaches participants related practices and skills so that attendees can have the right types of conversations and apply them to become a better Scrum Master!
This is a highly engaging and interactive course where students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team, learn through team assignments, discussions, and hands-on exercises.
Topics covered in the course
What makes an effective Scrum Master?
What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master. How Scrum principles and values guide and supports you.
Servant Leadership. Facilitation and Coaching.
Develop people and teams, how to support the Scrum Team and Product Owner to become more effective. How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improve their ability in this role. Stories, exercises and facilitation techniques like Liberating Structures.
Dealing with complexity and impediments.
Dealing with team conflicts, removing impediments ad supporting Scrum Team and organization.
Successful product delivery and Definition of “Done”.
Advanced Product Backlog management and dialogue with stakeholders and customers.
Effects on the organization of a successful Scrum Master.
Ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
Scrum Master as a change agent.
How to support the Organization. Learn how to create an environment for Agility to thrive. Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
What will you learn?
You will be challenged to think in terms of Scrum and the Scrum principles and values and how they help Scrum Masters every day in the decisions they make.
- What stances make an effective Scrum Master?
- Areas are critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master.
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader.
- What the Scrum Master can do to support Scrum Teams.
- What the Scrum Master can do to support Product Owners
- Ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment and organization for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master
The Scrum Master role is complex and often, a Scrum Master must be able to apply different stances in order to be effective, such as:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
You have received very strong learning on your Scrum journey, done a big step on your Scrum career, and found great connections that help you grow. But also…
- Learned about the preferred stances of a Scrum Master.
- Learned about the misunderstood stances of a Scrum Master.
- Learned a lot of new Facilitation techniques you can use with your team.
- Spent 2 days of engaging exercises, discussions, and learning
- Worked through consistent training material maintained by Scrum.org.
- Learned from the trainer's personal practical experience using a large number of real-life examples.
You take with you:
- Training materials and Handouts
- Images of all flipcharts and materials created during the class.
- All materials and exercises used during the training
- 2 Free Attempts for the Professional Scrum Master II Assessment
- Discount for the Professional Scrum Master III Assessment
- 14 PMI PDU Credits
About the assessment and certification
The Professional Scrum Master II course is linked to the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) certificate by Scrum.org.
All participants who receive the Professional Scrum Master Course will will receive a password to attempt the PSM II assessment and are qualified for a discount on the PSM III assessment. These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on the associated assessment. PSM II class participants who attempt the PSM II assessment within 14 days after completing the course and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt free of charge.
Professional Scrum Master II assessment proves solid knowledge about Scrum and Scrum Mastery. Assessment is taken online and in English. It contains 30 questions, is timeboxed to 90 minutes, and requires at least 85% score to successfully pass.
Professional Scrum Master II dates
- First Bird Ticket: EUR 1.295,00 per Ticket plus VAT. First 5 Tickets discount.
- Standard price: EUR 1.395,00 plus VAT
- For a group price please, contact us.
- Nothing that suits you? Have any special request? Feel free to contact us!
Professional Scrum Master Advanced (PSM II) Der PSM I Kurs endet im interessantesten Moment und macht neugierig auf die nächsten Schritte ... Und jetzt ist es an der Zeit, tiefer…Find out more »
After registering for training you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. One week before the training we will contact you and exchange literature if the preparation is needed.
- First 5 tickets can give you an early bird discount.
- If you want to register more than two participants, we also offer attractive group discounts.
- In case of cancellation or rebooking up to 14 days beginning of the event = no refund.
- All prices on the website are without VAT.