- Training Description
- Topics covered in the course
- Target audience
Professional Scrum Master
Applying Professional Scrum (APS) is a 2-day course that provides the foundational knowledge needed to work with Scrum in a highly practical way. The course is a combination of instruction and team based exercises where students experience how the Scrum framework improves product delivery efforts.
Included in the course:
● 2 days training
● Scrum.org maintained course materials according to Scrum Guide 2020 (English).
● Pictures of all flipcharts and materials created during the class.
● Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) exam with 2 free attempts.
● Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment discount
● 14 PMI-PDU-Credits
You got a clear understanding of agile principles, and Scrum framework. Learned about working in Scrum. Spent time with engaging exercises, discussions and learning from the trainer's personal hands-on experience using a large number of real life examples!
After the training, when you return to your workplace, you will be able to use the elements and principles of Scrum and...
- Deploy Scrum directly with your Scrum team.
- Optimize the effectiveness of your Scrum work environment.
- Use Scrum to create high-quality results quickly.
About the assessment and certification
The Professional Scrum Master course is connected to the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) credential from Scrum.org.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the PSM I assessment and are qualified for a discount on the PSM II assessment. These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on the associated assessment. PSM class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free passwords and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt free of charge.
Professional Scrum Master I assessment proves solid Scrum framework knowledge, its principles, and rules, as described in the official Scrum Guide. Assessment is taken online and in English. It contains 80 questions, is timeboxed to 60 minutes, and requires at least 85% score to successfully pass.
Topics covered in the course
Scrum Simulation: We will be producing a working product based on a backlog. This case study project is continued over the two-day class, allowing us to learn some theory and then put it straight into practice.
Scrum basics, principles, and values: We will learn about complexity, what does it mean in software environments. We will learn about empiricism and how it can help us in a complex environment.
The Scrum Framework: We will learn about what Scrum is, how does it relate to Agility, and what is the difference between Scrum and other approaches. We will learn about Rules, Events, and Artefacts of Scrum and tie it back to the values and principles.
Mastering Scrum: We’ll explore the ideas of self-organisation, cross functional teams and cross-functional people and the accountabilities that arise from developers owning their sprint backlog.
Start of your Scrum Journey: The course concludes with practical tips on how to go about kicking off a scrum transformation.
For whom is this course
The APS course is designed for people who look to get the most out of their organization and people. For anyone interested in being part of, collaborating with, or growing and leading a Scrum Team.
This is the perfect course for the team:
- teams that want to make Scrum work for them.
- all teams that want to create a common knowledge base.
- anyone looking for their first hands-on Scrum experience.
- anyone who wants to learn Scrum basics before attending more specialized courses for Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Development Teams or Agile Leaders.
- anyone who wants to improve their understanding of Scrum, e.g. to understand why their previous experiences were not as related to Scrum as they thought.
Training dates and times
No public dates available at the moment?
Looking for other dates, or want to request an In House Training just for your teams?
We can help! Call or write us!
- First 5 tickets can give you an early bird discount.
- If you want to register more than two participants, we also offer attractive group discounts.
- In case of cancellation or rebooking up to 14 days beginning of the event = no refund.
- All prices on the website are without VAT.
After registering for the training you will receive a confirmation email. One week before the training start we will contact you with all preparation and participation information.
„Early Bird“ Ticket: EUR 1.195,00 plus VAT
Standart Price: EUR 1.295,00 per Ticket plus VAT.
- Are you a self-payer in a personal hardship case (job loss, etc)?
- Do you come from outside the EU or from a country with a different purchasing power parity?
- Do you need a group offer?
No date is suitable?
Do you have a special request? Are you looking for other dates, or would you like to request an in house training only for your teams?
We will help you.
Give us a call:
+49 176 872 04 973
Do you need help?
We are always ready to help you find a training that best fits your learning path or assist with an in-company offering.