Applying Professional Scrum
Learn Scrum in Practice! Learn and understand how Scrum works not only in theory, but also in practice.
Applying Professional Scrum
Applying Professional Scrum (APS) is a 2-day course that provides the foundational knowledge needed to work with Scrum in a highly practical way. The course is a combination of instruction and team based exercises where students experience how the Scrum framework improves product delivery efforts.
Included in the course:
● 2 days training
● Scrum.org maintained course materials according to Scrum Guide 2020 (English).
● Pictures of all flipcharts and materials created during the class.
● Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) exam with 2 free attempts.
● Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment discount
● 14 PMI-PDU-Credits
You got a clear understanding of agile principles, and Scrum framework. Learned about working in Scrum. Spent time with engaging exercises, discussions and learning from the trainer's personal hands-on experience using a large number of real life examples!
After the training, when you return to your workplace, you will be able to use the elements and principles of Scrum and...
- Deploy Scrum directly with your Scrum team.
- Optimize the effectiveness of your Scrum work environment.
- Use Scrum to create high-quality results quickly.
About the assessment and certification
The Applying Professional Scrum course is associated with the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) credential by Scrum.org.
All participants completing the Applying Professional Scrum course will receive a password to attempt the PSM I assessment and are qualified for a discount on the PSM II assessment. These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on the associated assessment. APS class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free passwords and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt free of charge.
Professional Scrum Master I assessment proves solid Scrum framework knowledge, its principles, and rules, as described in the official Scrum Guide. Assessment is taken online and in English. It contains 80 questions, is timeboxed to 60 minutes, and requires at least 85% score to successfully pass.
Topics covered in the course
Scrum Simulation: We will be producing a working product based on a backlog. This case study project is continued over the two-day class, allowing us to learn some theory and then put it straight into practice.
Scrum basics, principles, and values: We will learn about complexity, what does it mean in software environments. We will learn about empiricism and how it can help us in a complex environment.
The Scrum Framework: We will learn about what Scrum is, how does it relate to Agility, and what is the difference between Scrum and other approaches. We will learn about Rules, Events, and Artefacts of Scrum and tie it back to the values and principles.
Mastering Scrum: We’ll explore the ideas of self-organisation, cross functional teams and cross-functional people and the accountabilities that arise from developers owning their sprint backlog.
Start of your Scrum Journey: The course concludes with practical tips on how to go about kicking off a scrum transformation.
For whom is this courseThe APS course is designed for people who look to get the most out of their organization and people. For anyone interested in being part of, collaborating with, or growing and leading a Scrum Team. The Applying Professional Scrum class is excellent for organisation, teams and anyone wanting to experience the way of working in Scrum.
- teams that want to make Scrum work for them.
- all teams that want to create a common knowledge base.
- anyone looking for their first hands-on Scrum experience.
- anyone who wants to learn Scrum basics before attending more specialized courses for Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Development Teams or Agile Leaders.
- anyone who wants to improve their understanding of Scrum, e.g. to understand why their previous experiences were not as related to Scrum as they thought.
Let's talk about an appointment!
We will discuss your specific needs and choose a suitable date or offer!
Do you come from outside the EU or from a country with a different purchasing power parity? There are special prices!
- First 5 tickets can give you an early bird discount.
- If you want to register more than two participants, we also offer attractive group discounts.
- In case of cancellation or rebooking up to 14 days beginning of the event = no refund.
- All prices on the website are without VAT.
After registering for the training you will receive a confirmation email. One week before the training start we will contact you with all preparation and participation information.
- First 5 tickets in "Early Bird" price. Be the first and save 100 EUR!
- Are you a self-payer in a personal hardship case (job loss, etc)?
- Do you come from outside the EU or from a country with a different purchasing power parity?
- Do you need a group offer?
No date is suitable?
Do you have a special request? Are you looking for other dates, or would you like to request an in house training only for your teams?
We will help you.
Give us a call:
+49 176 872 04 973
Our Trainers are Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) by Scrum.org. Our trainings are Official Scrum.org Professional Scrum Trainings
We are International Consortium for Agile Member Organisation (ICAgile). Our Trainers are "ICAgile Authorised Instructors."
Our trainers are licensed Management 3.0 Facilitators and accredited to conduct Management 3.0 workshops and issue certificates
Interested in an InCompany Training?
Each and every one of our trainings is available as InCompany Training or as part of your InCompany learning Journey. We provide Customized Trainings as well as Certifications for your companies.
Scrum.org, ICAgile and Scaled Agile Trainings.